In Maths across the school we teach to the goal that each child should be able to think and solve problems mathematically by using the appropriate skills, concepts and knowledge. They should be provided with a variety of enjoyable, supportive and challenging numeracy experiences related to their individual needs.
We aim that each child:
- Has a positive attitude towards mathematics.
- Has self-confidence in their ability to deal with mathematics.
- Is able to work systematically, cooperatively and with perseverance.
- Is able to think logically and independently.
- Will experience a sense of achievement regardless of age or ability.